Do you qualify for a Medical Marijuana Card?
You may be wondering what qualifications you need in order to attain your Affirmative Defense Letter in Utah. A list from health.utah.gov outlines the qualifying conditions under the Utah Medical Cannabis Act:
- HIV or acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS)
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Persistent nausea that is not significantly responsive to traditional treatment except for nausea related to: pregnancy, cannabis-induced cyclical vomiting syndrome, or CBD hyperemesis syndrome
- Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis
- Epilepsy or debilitating seizures
- Multiple sclerosis or debilitating muscle spasms
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) that is being treated and monitored by a mental health therapist and that: has been diagnosed by a health care provider or mental health provider by the VA and documented in the patient’s record; or has been diagnosed or confirmed by evaluation by a psychiatrist, doctorate psychologist, a doctorate licensed clinical social worker, or a psych APRN
- Terminal illness when the patient’s remaining life expectancy is less than 6 months
- Condition resulting in the individual receiving hospice care
- Rare condition or disease that affects less than 200,000 individuals in the U.S., as defined in federal law and this is not adequately managed despite treatment attempts using conventional medications (other than opioids or opiates) or physical interventions
- Pain lasting longer than two weeks that is not adequately managed, in the qualified medical provider’s opinion, despite treatment attempts using conventional medications other than opioids or opiates or physical interventions
- If a patient does not have a qualifying condition specifically named, they may petition the Compassionate Use Board for approval of their medical cannabis card.
The total cost to receive your Medical Marijuana Card will be $220. The initial request for review will be non-refundable $50, and if approved you will need to pay another $170 at the time of service.
- Fill out the request form below
- Pay for your request below the form
Please give us some basic information and tell us a little about the ailment that you feel may qualify you to receive your Affirmative Defense Letter. If you don’t feel comfortable filling out our digital form please give us a call.
Paying for your request
After you’ve completed our online digital form we will contact you to schedule an appointment and payments will be due at the time of service.
Please feel free to call
If you have any questions or concerns about getting your medical marijuana card or affirmative defense letter, please call us at 435-513-6386. Our team is here to help you through every step of the process of attaining your Medical Marijuana Card.